In addition to the previously considered quartet of motherboards based on the Intel X79 Express chip set, ASROCK has prepared another platform in the ATX form factor, which is also ready to take on board the Sandy Bridge-E generation in the SOCKET LGA2011 generation processors.
A model called ASROCK X79 EXTREME3 is proposed in the same color scheme as its sisters. It is made using high-quality components (including reliable Japanese capacitors Premium Gold Caps with solid electrolyte), equipped with a digi power subsystem, made according to the 5+1 phase formula, and equipped with two separate radiators, one of which is crowned with a small X-Fan fan. At the same time, to increase productivity in their brainchild, the creators implemented a whole range of progressive developments, including branded ASROCK XFAST RAM, ASROCK XFAST LAN, ASROCK XFAST Charger and Asrock XFAST USB. In addition, the novelty is endowed with support for the advanced graphics interface PCI Express 3.0.
As for other technical characteristics of the product, they are as follows:
- Four 240-pin DIMM-slot for placing up to 32 GB of DDR3 RAM with a frequency of 2400+ (OC)/1600/1333/1066/800 MHz (a four-channel memory architecture is implemented);
- Three PCI Express X16 slots with the possibility of organizing Quad CrossfireX / 3-Way Crossfirex / Crossfirex or Quad Sli / 2-Way Sli, as well as one PCI Express X1 slot and two PCI slots;
- Four SATA II ports and two SATA III ports;
- Gigabit Ethernet Controller Broadcom BCM57781;
- Realtek Alc898 Audio Code with support for ThX Trustudio, responsible for withdrawal 7.1-channel sound HD Audio;
- Two PS/2 ports located on the rear panel, optical and coaxial S/PDIF outputs, two USB 3 ports.0, six USB 2 ports.0, ESATA port, RJ-45 connector, six standard audio units, Clear CMOS button.
Now it remains to find out where, when and at what price the product described above can be bought.