If you think that social media accounts are not useful, but only take up time, you can delete your Facebook page temporarily or permanently. Our guide will help you with this.
Why Users Block Their Facebook Profiles
Some social network account holders believe that Facebook collects too much user data and uses it to make money from ads. Not everyone wants the platform to get that much information about them.
Also, users say that they procrastinate more often with Facebook and this distracts them from the really important tasks.
There is another reason for deleting a Facebook page. Those who have been using this social network since their youth know that their old posts can be controversial. And they can even spoil the image that a person wants to broadcast to the world now. Therefore, sometimes it is easier to get rid of the entire profile than to selectively delete content.
How to delete a page on Facebook from a computer
To deactivate your profile, you must first log in to the social network.
After that, you need to perform the following actions: 1. Go to the main page of your profile. This can be done in two ways. The first is to click on your photo in the left corner of the page. The second is to click on the arrow in the upper right corner.
2. Click on the three dots icon. In the menu that opens, select the “Profile and tag settings” line.
3. In the left menu, select the line “Your information on Facebook”. If you want to keep the data that is in your account, you can download it. To do this, select the menu item “Download information”.
4. Follow the system prompts. She will prompt you to choose how long you need to save the materials and which ones, indicating in what quality and format they should be. By default, the media quality is set to high and the data format is HTML. You can choose a medium or low-quality JSON format.
After you have set all the save options, click on the “Create File” button. It will take some time to copy. As soon as it ends, you will receive a system message. From now on, the saved information is in the “Available Copies” tab.
To save it to your PC, you must click on the “Download” button and enter your account password, and then click the “Submit” button.
5. Another way to keep your information from your account is to transfer it to another platform.
To do this, select the item “Transfer a copy of your information.” After that, enter the password for your account and click on the “Continue” button.
The system will prompt you to choose what to transfer: only photos, only videos, or photos and videos.
Then you need to choose where the materials will be sent: to Dropbox, Google Photos, or another platform.
6. After you have saved everything that was needed, you can return to deleting the page. In the “Your information on Facebook” tab, select the “Deactivation and deletion” item. Then the system will offer two options: temporary deactivation or permanent deletion.
Make your choice and click on the “Proceed to account deactivation” or “Continue with account deactivation” button.
Important! If you choose deactivation, then other users will not see your content, as well as the name and profile photo, information in it. But you will be able to use Messenger.
7. Enter your account password and click the “Continue” button. The system will prompt you to indicate the reason for leaving the social network.
If you are the sole administrator of a Facebook page, then it will be blocked as soon as you deactivate your profile. To prevent this from happening, click on the “Edit list of administrators” button and specify another administrator.
You also need to specify whether you want to receive emails from Facebook. These emails can include invitations to events, notifications that you’ve been tagged in a photo or post, and so on.
After specifying all the parameters, click on the “Deactivate” button. After that, a pop-up window will appear in which the system will offer you to refuse deactivation and simply log out of your account.
If your decision has not changed, click on the “Close” button, and then select the “Deactivate” button again. Then click on the “Deactivate Now” button.
As soon as you want to use Facebook again, just restore your account, all data will remain in it. To activate the profile, you will need a phone number and email address.
8. If you want to permanently delete the profile, then after clicking on the “Continue with account deletion” button, follow the prompts.
The system will remind you that instead of deleting the profile, you can deactivate it, and will also tell you that it is worth downloading your information.
After that, click the “Delete account” button and enter your password. Click the “Continue” button and then “Delete Account”.
Within 30 days after deletion, you can return the profile. To do this, you will need to log in to the system and click on the “Cancel deletion” button.
Important! A copy of your data is not actually deleted from the servers of the social network. The company keeps them in case of unforeseen circumstances.
How to delete a page on Facebook through a smartphone
You can also delete your account from your smartphone. The sequence of actions will be as follows:
1. Log in to your account in the application, go to the main profile page, and click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner. In the menu that opens, select “Quick privacy settings”, and then – “Delete account and information.”
2. If you want to suspend the activity of your page for a while, select the “Account deactivation” item and click the “Proceed to account deactivation” button. Enter your password and click on the “Continue” button.
3. After Facebook once again prompts you to refuse deactivation and simply log out of your account, confirm again that you want to pause the activity of the page. Enter your password and click the “Continue” button.
As soon as you want to return to the social network, you just need to go through the usual authorization in the application, and your profile will become active.
4. If you want to delete the page permanently, then select the “Delete account” option and click on the “Continue with account deletion” button.
After that, the system will prompt you to indicate the reason why you are deleting the page, and offer options for solving your possible problems.
If you still want to delete your profile, the platform will prompt you to download the information. This is done in the same way as during deletion via PC. If you have not done this before, follow the prompts of the system and save the necessary data.
5. After you have downloaded a copy of the data, confirm that you want to delete the page. Enter your password and click the “Continue” button, and then click on “Delete Account”.
As in the desktop version, the application has the opportunity to return your page to life within 30 days. To do this, you need to go through authorization and click on the “Yes, go to Facebook” button.